- This event has passed.
Parrish Playworks Auditions for Southern Hospitality (A comedy)
Our full-length comedy, Southern Hospitality, was such a success in 2018 that we are planning to stage a prequel to that popular show by the scriptwriters Jones, Hope, and Wooten, of Golden Girls fame. Premiering at BRADENTON AREA CONVENTION CENTER on May 27, 28, & 29.
Tuesday, March 22 from 6:30–9:30 PM
Saturday, March 26 from 1–4 PM
Tuesday, March 29 from 6:30–9:30 PM (Auditions and Callbacks)
WHERE: River Plantation Clubhouse (take Ft. Hamer Rd. and turn on Mulholland Rd.)
12415 22nd Court E., Parrish
Contact: 941-500-9350 if you get lost or have questions!
THE STORY: A little chaos, a lot of comedy, Texas style: an over-the-top wedding, three feuding sisters, and a church full of small-town eccentrics. What could possibly go wrong? In this fast-paced, laugh-out-loud comedy, the Futrelle sisters of Fayro, Texas—Frankie, Twink and their estranged sister, Honey Raye—are thrown together to pull off a family wedding. But all is not going well. Frankie’s older twin daughter is marrying the son of the queen of what passes for high society in Fayro, and Frankie is desperate to make this antebellum-themed wedding an elegant affair. It soon becomes obvious that Fate has other plans, and the chances for this wedding being a success are fading fast. . . .
CHARACTERS (Roles for 5 men, 7 women)
GENEVA MUSGRAVE, town florist and wedding coordinator
RAYNERD CHISUM, friend of the Futrelle family and Dairy Dog employee
TINA JO DUBBERLY, Frankie and Dub’s older twin daughter and bride-to-be
GINA JO (GJ)DUBBERLY, Tina Jo’s identical twin sister and maid of honor
HONEY RAY FUTRELLE, oldest Futrelle sister, who thinks she’s still 30-something
FRANKIE FUTRELLE DUBBERLY, youngest Futrelle sister
DUB DUBBERLY, Frankie’s husband
TWINK FUTRELLE, middle Futrelle sister
NELDA LOU LIGHTFOOT, local fortune teller
JUSTIN WAVERLY, UPS man, studying to be a preacher
JOHN CURTIS BUNTNER, deputy sheriff and Dub’s best friend
WILEY HICKS, Twink’s longtime boyfriend
PATSY PRICE, mother of the groom and self-proclaimed queen of Fayro society
What to Expect at Parrish Playworks Auditions
• TIME needed: it will take 15-30 minutes to audition, and you will be called as you arrive
• WEAR comfortable clothing and be ready to move around and play with others
• PREPARATION: will be cold readings; actors will be given script excerpts to read
• REHEARSALS will be T-W-Th and Saturdays. (NOTE: you will not be called to every rehearsal!)
Evening rehearsals will run from 6:30—9:30 PM as needed. Saturday rehearsals will be either morning or afternoon, as is convenient for most. Also note that Tech Week leading up to first performance will have more tech and dress rehearsals scheduled!
• LOCATIONS: Performances happen first at Bradenton Area Convention Center (May 27, 28, 29) and then at various venues (community clubhouses) in our region from Lakewood Ranch to Apollo Beach, to be announced as confirmed
• PERFORMANCE DATES: Bradenton Area Convention Center on May 27, 28, 29 (more TBD)
• QUESTIONS? email director Karen Romant at email@example.com